Another Year Has Ended at the Chamber
As many of you know, the Chamber’s fiscal year ends at the end of June. I think the 2015-2016 year has been pretty darn good for the Chamber and our members. Some highlights for you:
- We have over an 80% retention rate, meaning more of you are staying with us than leaving
- We served well over 2,100 of you at events and activities this past year
- We had nearly 33,000 page views on our website
- If that’s not enough, we’ve seen a 64% increase in followers on our Facebook page
But to me the Chamber isn’t about numbers. Recently, we sent out a survey to find out how you all were feeling about the local economy and about the Chamber. We are still gathering results (please click here to take the survey if you haven’t done so yet – your feedback is important to us), but the feedback has been great so far. Sure, we know we can do better, but let me share a few comments about the Chamber:
- “The exposure (the Chamber provides) is fantastic!”
- “(The Chamber staff is) very helpful and always quick to respond.”
- “I have never had anything but positive experiences with the Chamber and its staff.”
- “Great chamber!”
Again, thanks to all for your candid feedback on the survey. This has been a great year and this is due in great part to the leadership of our Board of Directors, the hard work of our Ambassadors, and the dedication of our small – but mighty – staff. Thank you all!
Have a great weekend and enjoy celebrating our nation’s independence from the British (I guess Britain just did the reverse to Europe…interesting). It’s easy to forget that this nation was founded on a basis of liberty and freedom. Democracy isn’t perfect, but neither is humanity. As Winston Churchill once said “It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.”
Quote of the Week:
Positive anything is better than negative nothing.