Workshop Request for Proposal and Guidelines
The Cerritos Regional Chamber of Commerce is seeking workshop presenters for the 2016 – 2017 Lunch N’ Learn Business Workshop Series. If you or your business is interested in being considered as a presenter, please review this request for proposal and guidelines.
Overview of workshops series
- Workshops will be held at different Chamber member locations.
- The workshop will be 2 hours in length. Registration and lunch will begin at 11:30 a.m. The program will start promptly at 12:00 p.m. and last until 1:30 p.m.
- Attendance cost will be kept to minimal levels to cover the cost of lunch, staffing, and supplies: $20 for Chamber Members and $30 for Non-Chamber Members.
- There must be a minimum of 10 attendees registered the week prior to the workshop or the workshop will be cancelled. The maximum number of attendees will depend upon the workshop venue.
Overview of workshop request
- Presenters must be a Cerritos Regional Chamber of Commerce member in good standing.
- Both Individual and group proposals will be accepted.
- There is no fee to present a workshop. Likewise, there is no monetary compensation to presenters in exchange for their services.
- Ideal workshops will teach practicable knowledge and encourage interaction from the participants.
- The workshop’s primary purpose is to educate the audience and is not meant to be a sales presentation nor include an over-whelming number of references to the presenter’s company.
- Presenters may provide a single piece of literature about their company to the attendees.
Evaluation of workshop proposals
- Successful proposals will be chosen based on the presenter’s experience related to the topic, timeliness of the topic, content, range of the presentation’s target audience, previous work, and professional references.
- The Chamber RFP Committee may request a meeting or conference call with applicants prior to selection.
- The Cerritos Regional Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to decline any or all proposals.
Proposal Guidelines (complete online form or submit written proposal)
- Company name, presenter’s name, position/title, address, phone, email, and website.
- Title of the presentation and brief description of the topic.
- Detailed description/outline of workshop to include content, interactive component, and learning objectives for the audience.
- Description of hand out material to be provided during the workshop.
- Description of your marketing plan to assist promotion of the workshop; i.e., how will you market the workshop?
- Description of your A/V requirements.
- Provide a speaker’s bio – a paragraph used in publicity.
- Description of experience as a practitioner and/or presenter in the proposed topic area.
- Provide three professional references specifying the context in which the references know you and are familiar with your skills as a workshop presenter or speaker presenting this topic. You may also include the link to a video of a prior speaking engagement if applicable.
To submit an online proposal, complete the form below.
To submit a written proposal, mail, fax, or email your proposal to:
Cerritos Regional Chamber of Commerce
13259 South St. · Cerritos, CA 90703
FAX: 562-467-0840 · Email: firstname.lastname@example.org