The New Member Referral Program is a continuous program designed to grow the Chamber and provide rewards and recognition to members who refer prospects to the Cerritos Chamber of Commerce that result in a new membership. The referred business prospect will be contacted by the Chamber’s staff who will explain the benefits of Chamber membership. The idea is to reward both current members for each successful referral as well as to each prospective member that joins.
New Membership Referral Terms
- Referring members must first be in good standing with the current year’s membership dues fully paid.
- A referral is a new business or repeat business (a business that hasn’t been a member for more than one year) that joins the Chamber as a direct result of a current member’s effort. It does not apply to businesses that the Chamber is presently in contact with regarding new membership.
- Inform the business you are referring that you have submitted them as a potential new member and that the Chamber will be contacting them.
- Complete the online or print form and submit it to the Chamber office.
- Should a referral form be submitted more than once for the same prospective member, the Chamber will honor only the first referring business.
- The Chamber will contact the referred business, mention your company as the referring business, and encourage them to move forward with joining the Chamber.
- One full year of membership dues must be paid by the new member within three months of your referral.
- There is no limit to the number of referrals you can make.
New & Referring Business Rewards & Recognition
- Once your referral joins the Chamber and pays its dues in full, your account will be credited for $50 to be applied towards next year’s membership renewal dues. It cannot be applied to any Chamber event, program, or service.
- Your business will be recognized in the Chamber’s CBI Newsletter and Chamber Website along with the new member’s announcement.